Volunteers are the lifeblood of community sport and clubs from across the AFL South East region have the opportunity to have their hard-working contributors recognised in a big way.
Nominations are now open for the 2018 AFL Volunteer of the Year.
The AFL Volunteer of the Year Program is a volunteer recognition program which commenced as part of the Australian Football 150 years celebration, rewarding seven outstanding volunteers with a trip of a lifetime for them and a partner.
Any league or club is invited to nominate any outstanding volunteers for the AFL State/Territory Volunteer of the Year Award.
The volunteer may have contributed to the completion of a major or significant project throughout the year, or they may be someone who has contributed in a number of roles over a long period of time.
Each State and Territory will evaluate the nominations and ultimately determine their State/Territory Volunteer of the Year. Winners from each State and Territory will receive some wonderful prizes, including:
-Two tickets to the Toyota AFL Grand Final and an additional AFL Grand Final Experience.
-Two return flights (except Victoria) and accommodation for three nights in Melbourne for grand final weekend.
-The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade.
-The Community Club belonging to the State/Territory Volunteer of the Year winner will also receive free membership to ‘The Coach’ AFL platform for all their coaches in season 2019.
1. Must have given notable voluntary service to Australian Football.
2. Must be a willing, voluntary contributor, having received no income from football (NB – Honorarium excepted).
3. Must be an ambassador for the game of football who acts and works for the best interest of the game, never bringing the game into disrepute.
4. Those making nominations should make no more than one nomination.
5. Years of service will be looked upon favorably.
6. Previous winners are ineligible.
When completing the online nomination form, please use the general information field to provide a full and comprehensive history of the volunteer’s service. Past involvement with clubs, other than the nominating club should be detailed.
Nominations must be submitted online by Friday 27th July.