The Melbourne Football Club is the founding club of the AFL. After entering a 30-year partnership in 2009, Melbourne’s alignment to the City of Casey region continues to go from strength-to-strength after the Casey Demons played their inaugural season in the 2018 VFL Women’s competition.
With the next season just around the corner, we are looking to immediately fill this rare position with a coach excited about the prospect of driving a successful VFLW program. The successful candidate will embody our coaches trademark to be an educator, a team player, somebody who builds relationships with the players and staff and strives for excellence with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify and recruit players based on recruiting principles for MFC team in conjunction with the list manager
- Manage staff and coaching panel
- Develop players with a view of creating a feeder team for AFLW
- Coach Casey Demons Football Club Women’s Team in line with agreed game style and AFLWprinciples
- Maintain a positive relationship with AFLWCoach
- Design and Implement VFLW football program – pre-season/in-season.
- Work collaboratively with Women’s Football Operations Manager to create a high- performance culture.
- Design and Implement training drills/sessions and craft sessions
- Code team and individual clips
- Run educational sessions for individuals and teams
- Work collaboratively with other coaches to build game day strategy.
- Monitor and adapt to trends within AFL environment
- Attend VFLW games on alternate days to team games to assist VFLW & AFLWrecruiting
Competencies, Qualifications, Experience and Key Attributes
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Ability to build rapport and trust with players and internal/external stakeholders
- Self-motivated with a commitment to achieving results.
- Good influencing and problem-solving skills, including the ability to ‘think on your feet’.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Friendly, energetic and positive personality
- Promote MFC/Casey Demons to various stakeholders (corporates/sponsorsetc.)
- Media commitments as requested by Casey Demons media.
- Commit to your own Individual Development Plan in line with trademark.
- Position offered will be subject to a Working with Children’sCheck
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details