Chelsea JFC Seeking Under-14 and Under-15 Coaches for 2019
Chelsea Junior Football Club, affiliated with the Frankston and District Junior Football League (F&DJFL), is seeking enthusiastic and motivated coaches for our Under-14 and Under-15 boys’ teams for the 2019 season.
Our club aims to provide a playing environment and club culture aligned to our values promoting team first, enjoyment, respect, resilience and inclusiveness. In the past two years, our club has been the recipient of the F&DJFL Club of the Year, and in 2018 our Under-9 coach was awarded the AFL South East Coach of the Year.
We are looking to improve and build on our growing Junior and Youth program by recruiting successful applicants that possess a good understanding of implementing a game plan, teaching the basic fundamentals of the game, a desire to develop young players, good communication skills and fit into the coaching philosophy of our club. In return, you will be well supported by the club’s committee, experienced coaches and the strong advocacy of our football community. We offer a coaching pathway to those with an ambition to advance their coaching experience such as progression into senior coaching roles.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the principles of growth and development of young children
- Knowledge of the skills of football, understand the learning process
- Be punctual for training and games
- Commitment to attend most training sessions and matches – 2 nights per week and match day
- Plan practice activities, ensure equipment is available, provide variety in activities
- Maximise participation
- Relate practice to the game
- Establish individual and team goals
- Maintain good rapport with players
- Provide support and friendly atmosphere
- Praise attempted skills, positive reinforcement, willingness to listen to player’s comments
- Motivate players, encourage sportsmanship
- Have a sense of humour
- Have emotional control at all times, infinite patience
- Either have or be prepared to undertake a Level 1 Junior or Youth Coaching Course (the club will subsidise accreditation fees)
- Previous coaching experience preferred
Applications should be directed to the Coaching Co-ordinators (Darren/Shannon) via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Darren on 0409 016 945 for further information.
Coaches will be appointed by the coaching recruitment panel: Andrew McBride (President), Darren Lawson (Vice President/Coaching Co-ordinator) and Shannon Williams (Coaching Co-ordinator)
Applications close 21st December 2018