AFL South East is pleased to announce an exciting new partnership between the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation (VRGF), the Frankston and Districts Junior Football League (FDJFL) and South East Juniors (SEJ).
Gambling is fast becoming a normal part of sport and this partnership between the FDJFL and SEJ, and the ‘Love the Game Sporting Club Program’, aims to counter the normalisation of gambling and to create safe and healthy sporting clubs.
The VRGF already partners with more than 300 grassroots and elite sporting clubs.
The program focuses on reducing gambling harm and preserving what’s great about sport:
• Shifting the focus back to the love of the game, not the odds.
• Minimising exposure to gambling activities and promotion.
• Increasing awareness of gambling as an issue in our community and how to avoid the risks.
• Supporting clubs to make practical changes to clubrooms and sporting grounds.
• Ensuring people know where to go for information and support if they need it.
FDJFL and SEJ club presidents and secretaries have been given instructions on how to join the program.
Find out more about how the program helps our junior players to ‘Love the game, not the odds!’ by going to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJMqruGq9v8