Week 2 of the FDJFL finals series has seen another record attendance with a 15% increase on corresponding day last year, despite hosting 2 less games. Perfect conditions once again greeted teams competing for Grand Final places, with a second chance through the Preliminary Final the positive outcome for the losing teams.
The amazing support for week 2 of the Bank of Queensland FDJFL Finals Series comes after a record attendance figure was posted for week 1. Those attending saw many highlights throughout the day as teams cemented their place in the “big dance” in just under a fortnight’s time.
Some of the highlights included:
– Frankston Rovers (Brown) suffered their first loss of the season, going down to Seaford (Yellow) by 9 points in U12 Navy.
– Carrum Patterson Lakes won an arm wrestle with Seaford (Black) in U11 Gold by 3 points
– Frankston Dolphins won a very low scoring Youth Girls Semi-Final over Seaford by 5 points (1-7-13 to 1-2-8)
– Carrum Downs advanced to the U12 Gold Grand Final with a 2 point win over Bonbeach YCW
– There were two battles of two Mt Eliza teams during the course of the day. In the U15 Girls, Mt Eliza Blue edged out Red by 5 points and in the U14 Blue Division, Blue edged out Mounties by 6 points.
As mentioned, perfect conditions allowed for free flowing games with many exciting finishes. The beauty of 2nd Semi-Final Day is that everyone gets a second chance so make sure you get down to Lloyd Park on Sunday as the journey continues.