St Kilda Football Club Next Generation Academy (NGA) High-Performance Assistant
- To provide training program support the NGA Hub High-Performance Manager and to ensure academy athletes are training in a true high-performance environment.
- Assist the High-Performance Manager in the planning, set up and facilitation of academy training sessions.
- Assist High-Performance Manager in the conduct of warm up, cool down and injury prevention exercises during academy training sessions.
- Assist in the education of players and coaches on strength and conditioning, injury prevention, load management and recovery.
- Deliver the execution of the NGA High-Performance curriculum.
- Reports to the Hub High-Performance Manager.
- Liaises closely with sports trainers, coaching staff and administration.
- Ability to demonstrate and leverage the hearts, smarts and guts required to ignite change and balance a range of stakeholder interests.
- A strong personal brand, including displaying well developed personal values, integrity and a commitment to professionalism and accountability.
- Organised and outcome focussed whilst remaining generous, hospitable, inclusive, considerate and open.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Key Competencies (skills & knowledge):
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, including a commitment to open, honest, two-way and frequent communication.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
Essential Key Selection Criteria:
- Be currently undertaking tertiary education in the areas of Sports Science (desirable).
- Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain.
- Victorian Driver’s Licence.
- Be self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Be confident and competent in all forms of communication, especially verbal.
Time required: Minimum one training session (three hours) per week for the duration of the training program and other NGA events.
Please note, this will be a voluntary role in addition with the opportunity to progress in the St Kilda Football Club’s NGA staffing structure.
Application process: Please send through cover letter and CV through to Sam Fox – Sam.Fox@saints.com.au